We put your car through the same test equipment as the NCT Centre
If you car fails we will pay for the retest (subject to conditions)
Bring your car into
Allow us to take the
Our guarantee is that if we give you the all clear to go and have your car
Sometimes your brakes may need a slight adjustment, same with light focus but if you don’t know you are going for NCT test blind.
We also offer individual tests if there is something you are not happy with and just want to be sure (eg car fail
If we carry out any work on NCT fail lists we will check on our equipment and make sure it will pass its re-test.
Here is a full list of all inspections and tests that NCT do www.ncts.ie/
Make a booking for NCT test Click here
|Year 2018||Pass||Fail Refusal||Fail Dangerous||Total|
|Full Test||661743(49%)||644860 (48%)||37191(2.8%)||1343794|
|Re-test||624679(91.8%)||54418 (8%)||1667 (2%)||680764|
The main failure items for 2018 were:
- Brake lines/hoses
- Tyre Condition
- Tyre Specification
- Indicators/ Tell Tales
- Headlamp Condition
How can I best prepare for the NCT and what documents should I bring?
Please prepare for the test by ensuring that:
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and seats are clear of personal belongings such as removable baby seats. If the baby seat is left in the car for the NCT, it will be checked that it is fitted correctly.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the under body).
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where the wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. Cam belt/timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
- Seat belts and clips are fully visible.
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations.
- NCTS recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
- Please ensure you bring identification (Driving licence or Passport only) with you as you will be asked to produce this when presenting your vehicle for inspection at the test centre.
- Please ensure your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection.
If the above items are not taken care of, NCTS may be unable to test your vehicle. And of course, don’t forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate and your test fee €55, Retests are €28.